Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For Sparky, Who Is Bored with This Blog


It’s been six months since I turned my life upside down—since I quit my job, sold my house, and moved to a new city. And started all over again.

So how am I doing? Good. Things are much better. I told someone that it feels, in a way, like I’ve been released from prison, and I’m learning how to live a normal life. And let me tell you, it’s pretty nice not having to feel stressed out all the time; not feel scared, paranoid, exhausted, or angry. ALL. THE. TIME.

The transition was stressful, for sure. I knew right away that I would be happy in my new job, and I was thrilled to find new coworkers I liked and respected. But not knowing if my house would sell, moving into a dumpy apartment with no furniture, and most especially, having to leave Alice behind (even temporarily), all of that was difficult.

But I’m through that part now, settled in a brand new home. Finding a house to buy was an ordeal worthy of its own blog entry. I’m slowly, slowly unpacking, finding ways to fit my belongings into this new space. And when I’m content with that, I hope to find the time to explore this new place I’m in.